   A big Thank You  to the all the members who responded concerning the
sluggish action of Follett 4.0 on my Pentium 133 workstations. I have given
the remarks to my network manager and I'm hoping they'll help. As many
people seem to have the same situation I'll keep you posted if we solve the
problem.  The following replies might be of help to others too:

  I am about to upgrade from Windows 3.3 to 4.0 in a few days.  I called
Follett over one question and he told me that first I run the conversion
and then I install the upgrade components ( CircPlus and CatPlus))
   The printed instructions which came the upgrade says to install the new
components, then run the conversion.
Which sequence did you do? ( EDITOR'S Note- I ran the conversion first after
speaking with a tech support person frm Follett)

  When I had a problem with Follett running slow and freezing, it really
was a hardware problem.  To be precise, the wire carrying the data was both
too small and defective.  Once that was replaced the response time became
almost instantaneous.

Just a suggestion since we had trouble with version 3.3, we used
software that "ghosted" the machines and it turns out the image all had
the same computer node number which would kick off the next person that
got on the machines.  Just a thought.

Hi Karen,
I had a computer technician in today and he fixed one of my computers so
Follett
4.0 runs beautifully fast and he should be able to fix the others in a
couple of
days.  He found some duplicate device managers listed in the computer
settings.
He erased all the duplicates and then reloaded the drivers from the IBM
CD-ROM.
I am not a computer technician so that's all I can explain about it.  If
this
sounds like something you should look at, I'll ask him to explain more fully
what he did.
Mary Buitendorp

Another school in our district upgraded to 4.0 this summer.  They have found
that the check out is also very slow and are considering upgrading their
computers.    We have the upgrade for our school but haven't installed it
because of the trouble my neighboring school has had.