--------------CA8DEBEC08B8F7CCA5B20660

Dear Esteemed Colleagues;

I am currently reassembling the high school LMC which is one of the
sections of the school which has undergone major renovations over this
summer. With all of your excellent advice, I undertook the task of
"packing up" the LMC. It took me approximately 6 weeks to box up print
and nonprint materials, supplies, equipment and etc. With the assistance
of students and
the custodial staff, we moved over 500 boxes into the gym for storage.
The custodial staff removed all the furniture, shelving, computers and
fixtures. Everything had to be removed in order to do asbestos
abatement, upgrade wiring for Internet access and networking throughout
the school, install new lighting, improve heating and ventilation, apply
fresh coats of paint to walls and doors, and carpet the floors. All this
in the LMC!

I believe the advice about the specifics for labeling the boxes and
weeding has been a life saver. In less than a week, I have the AV Room
done and teachers all have their AV equipment. All the reference books
have been unpacked. By next week, I will open the
Reference Room to students and classes for research purposes. The
General Area of the
LMC will take a little longer to assemble; however, all the boxes will
be placed in their specified places tomorrow. (Dewey saved the day!)
Shelving these books will take longer since I plan to open the LMC's
Reference Room on Wednesday. Unfortunately,  setting up computers and
accessing the Internet will not be available for at least another month.
This is because some major wiring needs to still be done in the LMC.
Despite these inconveniences, both staff and students are anxiously
awaiting the day the the LMC opens. I guess one appreciates things more
when they are not available for awhile. My assistant said that their
grumblings are really compliments in disguise. In essence, the  LMCs are
indispensable and what we do as LMSs does not go unnoticed!

Maureen D. Aube, LMS
Franklin High School Library
Franklin, NH 03235
mdaube@together.net
Children remind us of who we were while helping us to
see who we have become.

--------------CA8DEBEC08B8F7CCA5B20660

begin:vcard
n:Aube;Maureen
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
adr:;;Franklin High School Library;Franklin;NH;03235;
version:2.1
email;internet:mdaube@together.net
title:LMS
fn:Maureen D. Aube