Our high school is in the planning stage of digital high school.  The
administration plans to have the first piece completed in November.  I
have several questions to which I've found no answers.  Hopefully some
of you can help me.

Our school hired an outside company, Tech. Ed. Services, to "help" us
write the grant.  Have any of you had any experience with such a thing?

In another school that is also in the planning stage, the librarian in
is charge of finding the district matching funds from the past three
years.  This doesn't sound like a wise use of a librarian's time to me.

The representative from Tech. Ed. told us that some schools opted for
adding a class in technology use.  I thought the intent of the grant was

to infuse technology into all curricular areas, not isolate it.  A
separate class may be a good way to measure progress in particular uses
of technology but I haven't heard of anyone checking the progress of
student use of a pencil recently.

However, the grant does require some measurability.  How does your
school measure student progress in the use of technology?

Why isn't there a greater web presence from digital high schools?  Maybe

I am seeking them out incorrectly.

Thank you very much in advance for any advice you may provide.  I will
post a Hit if there is enough interest.  I look forward to hearing from
you.

Stephanie Taylor, Librarian
Mayfair High School/Lakewood, CA
Sstjr@gte.net