Dear High School Librarians,
If you subscribe to InfoTrac ASAP, Index Plus and/or Archives using the
Windows platform, are you having these problems?

#1.  There is no space between magazine citations on a printed list,
         making it difficult for students to decipher the beginning
                and end of each citation.

#2.  The citation line that gives the magazine title, date and page
        is often incomplete and does not show unless you highlight the
        the beginning of the line and drag across the width of the
        line.

#3.  The option to "Print to a local printer" disappears from the
        screen of printing options only to appear again with another
        search.

#4.  Within the citation, there is no way to know if the article has
         any visuals.  [that information was available in dos]

#5.   The number of pages does not always show on the screen.

#6        There is no option to select and mark a group of
subdivisions to personalize or customize a topic search.
[this is a dos option]

#7  There is no way for a patron to know if the library subscribes
        to a journal when it is the only article in the subdivision.

Our library has contacted InfoTrac technical support three times in the
past 18 months with concerns but it appears we are in a minority of
users who are experiencing this list of problems. Moving to the windows
format from the dos has been a step backwards at a time when we need to
be providing students with better strategies to manage information -ie
checking for the length of article, graphics availablity, dates,
customized searching and ease in reading a results list.
I am writing to LM-NET members to learn if anyone else is experiencing
these difficulties.  I would like to forward concerns to both the
sales reps and to Gale Group's technical support in an effort to improve
our students' ability to efficiently and effectively access information.
Thanks for you consideration.
Betty Laliberte
York Community High School              630.617.2454  voice
355 W. St. Charles Rd.                  630.617.2336  fax
Elmhurst, IL 60126                              lalibert@interaccess.com