Yes, some questions are from new members... But, there is a archive
of all the messages posted on the list.  If each person will use it
before asking the question,  we won't have that feeling of answering
so many questions over and over again.  (for the address of the
LM_NET website and the archives, just scroll all the way down the
bottom of this message... or any message from the list <grin>)

The archives are not that hard to search.  I've done some exploring
and have found ways to let me find mostly what I want.

First, increase the number of postings to 100.  There's a box to do
that. Second, put in your search. You can use keywords, boolean or
proximity operators, limit to a field (still exploring this one) and
limit to a year.

For example; I'll do a big search first, and scan the subjects to
find something that looks right.  If it seems sort of on target, I'll
repeat the search, but add an 'and' search to limit it by year, most
recent first.  ( to limit by year add  ' and year=nnnn '  to your
search).  Now you'll have a good set of messages to work with.

Tell us that you've searched the archives.  You might even mention
the search you used.

Finally, I realize that some lmnetters can't get to the archives
because they are blocked by many filtering programs.  But if you
don't work it into the request, we won't know that you don't have
access to them.

Just consider the LM_NET website as the primary reference source for
questions and answers.  Then come to the group for more answers.

Dan Robinson
Indexing Services
H.W. Wilson Company
Bronx, NY