Original message:
"...put together a display that focuses on books that have been made into
movies.
If you have a list of YA or adult books that have been made into movies, or
ideas ..."

Thanks to everyone who responded my very first LM_NET question. I look
forward to learning from (and with) you in the future.

Resource books:

Moss, Joyce, 1951-
From page to screen : children's and young adult books on film and video
/ Joyce Moss and George Wilson, editors. Detroit : Gale Research, c1992.
xv, 443 p. ; 26 cm.
Includes indexes.

1. Children's literature--Film and video adaptations--Catalogs.
2. Young adult literature--Film and video adaptations--Catalogs.
3. Young adult literature--Bibliography.
4. Children's literature--Bibliography.
5. Young adult films--Catalogs.
6. Children's films--Catalogs.
I.Wilson, George, 1920-

LCCN: 92-9781
ISBN: 0-8103-7893-0 (alk. paper) : $35.00
-----
There's a large reference book available in the reference
section that's called Novels into Film or something like
that. I used it to label my collection at my high school.
You'll find literally thousands of listings in it.
-----
Facts on File has a book entitled "Novels into Films" (16.95 paper).
We've just ordered it. Perhaps a library near you has a copy
-----
A place to look is on Amazon.com. . .
-----
there are a couple of titles to be found in the reference area of your
public
library. Can't remember the titles exactly...one may be Ensner's
blah-blah-blah!
Both are about books and plays made into movies. good luck.
----
THE LIST

Accidental Tourist
Alistar Maclean
All Quiet on the Western Front
Angela's Ashes
Beloved
Breathing Lessons
Charlie and the Chocolate factory - Roal Dahl
Christie, Arthur Conan Doyle,
Ciderhouse Rules
Clancy books (Hunt for Red Oct.)
Clockwork Orange
Color Purple
Congo
Crucible
Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde
E.M. Forester
Education of Little Tree
Face on the Milk carton by Caroline Cooney was a movie for TV
Frank Herbert
Freak the Mighty
George Orwell
Girl, Interrupted
Grapes of Wrath
Great Expectations
Great Train Robbery
Grisham books (Client, Time to Kill, etc.)
Gulliver's Travel
How Stella Got Her Groove Back
I Know what you did last summer
Interview with a Vampire
Isaac Asimov
John Grisham
Joy Luck Club
Jurassic Park
L.M. Montgomery - Anne of Green Gables series
Lost World
Maeve Binchy "Circle of Friends"
Margaret Mitchell Gone with the wind
Michael Crichton
Moby Dick
My Antonia
Nero Wolfe
Of Mice and Men
Ordinary People
Piers Antony
Prayer for Owen Meany
Rebecca
Road to Wellville
Robin Hood
Ruth Rendell
S.E. Hinton - Outsiders..
Sarah Plain and Tall
Schindler's List
Snow Falling on Cedars
some classics - Austen, Shakespeare, Mark Twain, Dickens, Brontes, Agatha
Spider Man
Stephen King (of course!) (Misery, Christine, Carrie, etc., etc.,)
Tom Clancy
World According to Garp
Zane Grey - I think about 100 of his novels were made into movies
----
Hi! Nearly every classic work taught in high schools has a movie
counterpart. Over the past ten years wonderful movies have been made of
Romeo and Juliet, Of Mice and Men, The Crucible, Hamlet, A Midsummer's
Night's Dream, The Odyssey, Gulliver's Travels, Emma, Pride and Predjudice,
Animal Farm (not wonderful), Great Expectations, and more.
----
Also, many of Oprah's choices (and other contemporary novels) are being
turned into films including The Deep End of the Ocean, Beloved, A Thousand
Acres, The Cider House Rules, Simon Birch,
----
There are also movies available for The Outsiders, Tex, Killing Mr. Griffin,
I Know What You Did Last Summer, A Separate Peace, The Great Gatsby, To Kill
a Mockingbird, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The Day They Came to
Arrest the Book, The Scarlet Letter, all of John Grisham, many of Stephen
King, many of Danielle Steele, and many more that I just can't think of on
this beautiful Saturday morning!
----
It hasn't been made yet, but they are in the process
of choosing a director for Interstellar Pig. I know
because my brother read the script.
 ----
I did that same display last year. I took movie film from our old
16mm movie canisters and draped lots of the film from the ceiling and hung
names of books & movies from it and had the books displayed underneath. Some
titles were: Joy Luck Club, Agatha Christie novels, Danielle Steel novels,
Stephen King Books, and others. It was a very popular display!
Angela Y Northern
MLS Graduate Student
IUPUI - Indianapolis, IN
anorther@seidata.com

***A real friend is one who walks
in when the rest to the world walks out***