Yesterday, I asked for greetings for Hardeman School's new addition and I
just wanted to say all of you have been great.  We have received so many
messages already and all of them are appreciated.  So many of you told us
about your school and that is so very interesting.  I forgot to tell you a
little about Hardeman.  We are a rural school with about 80 students
(preschool-grade 8).  We have lots of history around us as we sit along the
Santa Fe Trail.  The Santa Fe Trail started across the Missouri River at Old
Franklin, crossed the river on ferries and landed at Arrow Rock, Missouri.
Arrow Rock is about six miles east of us and is a state historic site.  Then
the Santa Fe Trail continued west across our county (Saline) and then
Lafayette and into Jackson County where Kansas City, Westport, Independence
are located.  I can't help but wonder and marvel that the people who crossed
this way in their wagons bound for Santa Fe would be so very shocked if they
came down the trail today.  So, from a school who sits along the Santa Fe
Trail, we say thank you so much for thinking of us.

Eveleth Hill
Librarian
Blackwater,Hardeman and Orearville Schools