Thanks to all those who suggested the titles listed below for scary books.

Velcome by Kevin O'Malley is very popular at my school, especially with 3rd
graders.  I would love to see a hit on this subject if you could post one.  I
am constantly asked for "scarey books", too!  Especially at this age level.

I remember THUMP, THUMP, THUMP (Rockwell??) as a great read-aloud for grades
1 and 2.

The Teeny-Tiny Woman
The Red (Green?) Ribbon (this story has many variations and the color of
the ribbon isn't always the same.)  Diane Goode's Book of Scary Stories (I
think the book includes songs, as well)

The Ghost of Fossil Glenn by Cynthia DeFelice recently won the Bluebonnet
Award (children's choice award in Texas).  It's a second-third grade level.

The Ghost-Eye Tree by Bill Martin is a good picture book.

The Ghost of Popcorn Hill and Christina's Ghost by Betty Ren Wright are
favorites in the three-ish range.

My students like:
EEEK!  Stories to Make You Shriek
and
Five Funny Frights
Also, I replaced my tattered paperback Goosebumps w/hardback Goosebumps from
Bound To Stay Bound and they are flying off the shelves again!

I got a series called Eek from Penworthy this year which the children have
enjoyed.  It is geared for readers ages 6-8.

Bruce Coville is compiled some scary stories in several books: Book of
Ghosts, Book of Monsters, Book of Aliens - there may be more. Also, check out
the series Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, More Scary Stories to Tell in
the Dark, and Still More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.

i like the ones already on your list, especially "Tailypo".  However, you
might also try "Teeny Tiny" (I THINK that's the title; the one about the
teeny tiny woman with the teeny tiny dog. . .), "Bony Legs" (or other
tellings of the Baba Yaga story), and "Wiley and the Hairy Man".  Sorry, I
can't recall the authors just now; I recently changed libraries and I'm still
trying to get my favorites ordered here.

I have little kids asking for scary books, too, so I'd love to see a hit.  A
big favorite with my kindergarteners is Welcome! A Very Scary Book by Kevin
O'Malley. It has some of the old scary/funny ghost stories similar to In a
Dark, Dark Room.

I also have Creepy Countdown by Huck, A Beasty Tale by Martin, Midnight in
the Cemetery by Harness, and Teeny Tiny Ghost books by Winters.

Betsy Hayes has a good series call"Bonechillers".

My favorite new one (picture book I used in K) is The Dark at the Top of the
Stairs by Sam McBratney 1996 Candlewick--the mice family come up from the
basement to satisify their curiosity about what's at the top of the
stairs--it's a (scary)cat.

Ghost-eye tree by Bill Martin

How about the James Howe books...The Celery Stalks At Midnight, Dew Drop
Dead, Eat Your Poison, Dear, Howliday Inn, Nighty-Nightmare, Return to
Howliday Inn, Scared Silly, Stage Fright?  My students love these books!

The Ghost-Eye Tree by Martin and Archambault.
Great read aloud too!

Try the series, EEK! Stories to Make You Shriek.  They are easy readers and do
satisfy most of my K-2 horror lovers.

Check out the EEK series... different authors.  I bought them from Follett.
The 2nd and 3rd graders love them!  I'd like a hit.

Mercer Mayer's trio--There's a nightmare in my closet, There's an alligator
under my bed, and There's something in the attic.  There's a monster under my
bed by James Howe (Bunnicucla fame),  & its sequel .  The dark at the top of
the stairs.  Alvin Schwartz' Ghosts and In a dark, dark room.  Bony-Legs by
Joanna Cole.  Go away, Big Green Monster? by Emberley.  The Teen-Tiny Woman
by Galdone.  The Little Old Lady who was not afraid of anything by Williams
(?).  Teeny-Tiny and the Witch Woman (a wonderful story on video by Weston
Woods (Purchase the book from that company, too.)

Bony-legs

How about "Wiley and the hairy man" by Molly Bang

I like The Monster and the Tailor by Paul Galdone.