Today is the last day of our spring break. Tomorrow it is back to work.

Our school district has a Professional Library. This library serves our
district which runs from Iceland to Turkey. They have ERIC documents, bac=
issues of professional journals on microfilm and in print. They also have=
collection of books pertaining to education. They also have Internet
access.  There is no university library nearby who can fill the need for
research on educational topics.

During the break it was announced that our Professional Library will clos=
at the end of June. The reasons stated included - current information
available on the Internet precludes the mostly print resources of this
library.

I plan to write a letter requesting reconsideration. One of my reasons wi=
ll
be that the Internet cannot be a replacement for the archive of informati=
on
available now. I know that you can search Eric documents via the Internet=

but then I believe that you pay to read the document.

I know that the LM_NET network will have some other very good reasons tha=
I can use in my letter.  If you work in, use, have a district professiona=
library - or make use of an university professional library nearby I woul=
appreciate any ideas you would share about why this facility should not
close.  On the other hand, I would also like to hear reasons why you migh=
support this closure.

Thanks much in advance.  I will post a hit.

Deborah J. Stafford
Gen. H.H. Arnold High School
Wiesbaden Germany
now proudly on the web at http://www.wies-hs.odedodea.edu