I would like to know what kind of software high schools are using to keep
students from making unwarranted changes to computer setups, such as changing
wallpaper, deleting desktop icons, deleting software, printers, changing
set-ups, etc.  We are using Foolproof currently, but it seems as though it is
not very effective.  Some students seem to be able to get around it somehow
and do all of the above and more.  It also frequently gives users an error
messsage that a particular application can not be opened because there is not
enough free memory when that should not be the case.  It doesn't seem to be a
password problem, since changing passwords does not yield any fewer problems.
 I would like to know if anyone has good things to say about their security
software.

We have Pentium III computers on the floor of the library and in a library
lab on an NT network running Windows 98 and have networked printers.

I will post a hit and offer many thanks to those who can tell us about your
experiences with whatever security product you are using.

Ellen Fisher, Librarian
Radnor HS, Radnor PA
efisher610@aol.com