To those who are interested in making your own foam dice, I promised I
would try my idea and get back to you.  Some of you wrote and said you
made your own dice out of that soft yellow foam.  I wondered if it would
be possible to make dice out of what I believe is called fun foam.  It
is sold at our local craft store called Pat Catan's.  It comes in all
kinds of colors, sizes, and thickness.  (It is kind of like that big
foam poster board, but thicker.) I bought an approx. 8x10 sheet in the
thickest size.  (I think it was 1/4".)  I then cut it into 6 equal
pieces, then hot glued them together.  It works pretty well. .  I am not
sure exactly what I will use this for, but I am sure many of you,
especially at the elem. level, could find lots of uses.  The one
advantage of making your own is that you can have several different ones
with words, pictures, or whatever you want on them. I guess you can also
buy them at teacher stores, but they would also probably be more
expensive.  Just thought I would share my results, as a few people had
expressed an interest in this.  I also previously posted a hit on the
missed it they may want to search the archives or I can forward the hit
to you.

--
Lois Tabis, Librarian
Sharpsville HS, Sharpsville, PA