I have two questions for all of you:
1. Are any of you currently using Brodart Precison One Integrated Systems and
running into the same problems as me.  Brodart has been bought by another
company (I forget the name right now) and will no longer be supporting the
Precision One System.  When they first talked about this to me over a year
ago, they had another company in mind which didn't pan out.  At that time the
change over was to be free to all existing accounts.  Now with this new
company they are saying the cost will be @$4300.  By options are to stay with
the Brodart system and have no technical support or update to the new system.
 However, since I hadn't planned for  this expense I have no money for it in
next year's budget and it is more than my yearly budget anyway.  Could any of
you also in this predicament tell me what your plans are?  I will be meeting
with my principal and I would like to have all the info possible.
2. We are currently using "The Witch of Blackbird Pond" in our 5th grade.
This has been challenged by a parent who charges that this book undermines
his Catholic faith and espouses witchcraft.  If any parochial school uses
this book in their curriculum please let me know.  Also, if you have had
challenges on this title please tell me how you handled it.
Thanks in advance,
MaryEllen Remillard
School Librarian
Zeh Elementary School