Here is the requested hit on the magazines received by the kind people who =
responded to my question.  As is often the case there were many who agreed =
and disagreed with one another. =20

Consumer Reports,
 Discover,=20
Health,=20
Jet,
 Motor Trend,
 National Review,
People,=20
Sports Illustrated,=20
Field and Stream,
popular electronics,
 popular mechanics,
 psychology todya,
astronmy,=20
scholastic art
, current health 1,
business wee,=20
hot rod,=20
newsweek,
 rolling stone,
 seventeen,=20
time,
 u.s. news,
atlantic monthly,
 car and driver,
 four wheeler,=20
glamour,
 popular science,
prevention,
 stereo review,=20
success,
 successful farming,
 outdoor life,=20
off road,
 mademoiselle,
cycle world,=20
good housekeeping
, golf digest,=20
biography,
pc world
 mac world,
Yahoo,=20
ESPN.
 fitness,
 computer games,
 forbes,=20
jump,
international and national wildlife,
 iowa conservationist,
 national geographic,=20
new york times up front,
 science news,=20
readers digest

I have NASCAR racing for Teens, which seems to get read pretty
thoroughly.  I finally stopped getting Rolling Stone after the issue
with the major article on porn stars, and am looking for a replacement.

nobody reads Spin anymore (only RS), everybody reads any Health magazine =
(except Men's Health), and the consensus is 4 Wheel. =20

Men's Health is not written for teenagers.  Each issue includes articles =
about sexual relationships/experiences/advice.  There is quite a bit =
targeting mid-life crisis and aging.

Our teachers enjoy American Health, but students do not check it out.

 A few comments on magazines. My college age son loves Men's Health and I
got it for him as a senior in high school to keep him reading....but I =
think
I would pass on having it in a high schoo library. It is very macho and =
has
cover stories on how to have more sexual fun.
As far as Women's health magazines. I like Health a lot and I think it is
cross generational and very good on new health issues. Country Health is
very new age and less sensible on health issues. Fitness is fine, but it =
is
not a mainstream magazine for girls who walk or swim-it is for people who
exercise for hours a day, has articles on getting your fat sucked out, but
does try to reach all ages of women. I got Self for my students, but they
didn't look at it much. I also tried Women's Health and Fitness which I
think is better because it has articels on Mt biking, summer biking camps,
pregnacy and exercise and a few more things than just exercises and
calories. Shape is similar to Healthy Living with beautiful women in
exercise outfits on the cover and articles like "8 moves for a
knockout-tush" , but also good picture of nutritious food to cook and
actually it is has some balance

We do not have magazines for student leisure reading unless they are
indexed and can be used for research.

thanks again for all of your help,
michelle
ms west delaware hs