This message on MLA vs APA citation syles may be of interest to us in the
current discussion on which style to teach. My husband is a professor in
Rhetoric and Composition and this was sent to him  by another writing
professor.  I think we often carry on with what we have always done, with
the way we were taught,  without looking at changes that have occured in the
writing field.  If high schools are to prepare students for the skills they
will need in college it is important that teaches are aware of this kind of
information. sarah