Thanks to all who answered my question about SAT/ACT software. The
answers follow.
Janet Boltjes
Airport High School
West Columbia, SC  29170
jboltjes@concentric.net
- - - - - - - -
Original question:
My principal asked me today to recommend a software package to help
students taking the ACT and/or SAT tests. We would prefer something that
could be networked, if available. I have searched the archives and found
several requests for information on the software, but no specific
suggestions. Thanks in advance.

- - - - - - - -
I have Compton's Learning  Score Builders for the SAT and ACT.

- - - - - - - -
Believe it or not, Cliff Notes puts out that kind of software!  Don't
know if it can be networked, but I used their GRE software and found it
user friendly and helpful.

- - - - - - - -
Go to www.rea.com and you'll see an array of products...I bought some
books that had a CD included so kids could practice on their own or it
could be put on a network server. They have titles like "Very best
coaching and study course ACT assessment with software"....and some for
specific subject areas. Our students have used them a lot. They have SAT
stuff, too. Might be just what you're looking for.

- - - - - - -
The Kaplan company makes an excellent software program for SAT and ACT
review.  It can be ordered through most computer program catalogs or I
have seen it in bookstores.

The company that creates/publishes that ACT has a new version of
software that was made available this summer.  The title is Active
Prep.  It is visually appealing and I think is networkable.  If you any
questions about it, let me know and I can get you the details (our
counselor ordered it).

Try Your Personal Trainer for the ACT from Davidson  try
http://www.sqc.com which is scantron quality computers