Hi Netters,

What with the interest recently in trivia contests, I thought some of you
might be interested in this. Last year the 5 elementary schools in
Waterford set up this contest in conjunction with the Waterford Public
Library for School Library Media Month.  (There were visual clues set up
at the public library, with  the reponse sheets available at the schools).

Have fun with this, and I will try to find the answer sheet!!! In the
meantime, if you have any questions about the visuals (i.e. a picture of
the Eiffel tower, a map of Kansas, game pieces, a wax peach, gummy worms,
etc), I will be glad to look them up for you.

FILMS FROM FICTION
Dear Students:
During the month of April (SCHOOL LIBRARY MEDIA MONTH), you are invited to
visit the Children’s Room at the Waterford Public Library, and check out
the display the elementary school librarians have prepared for you!   Fill
in the blanks below and return to the Children’s Room staff by April 30
(no exceptions)  One prize will be awarded to one student per grade level
per school.

HINT:  ALL  THE  FOLLOWING  BOOKS  HAVE  BEEN  MADE  INTO  MOVIES:

1.I met Ralph at camp, in this book by Beverly Cleary.
2.Patrick gave Omri a special gift for his birthday.
3.Were the green glowing crystals the little man gave James really magic?

4.Two bored children find excitement in a mysterious board
game.____________________________
5.A courageous Native American survives alone for 18 yrs. on an isolated
island.
6.This revolting-titled book by Rockwell is yummy!
7.Follow the yellow brick
road._______________________________________________________
8.”In an old house in Paris that was covered by vines, lived twelve little
girls in two straight
lines...”________________________________________________________________________
9.Facing responsibility bravely, 13-yr old Matt is apprehensive when his
father leaves him alone in the wilderness guarding his cabin in this
Newbery Honor Book.
10.Christopher Robin’s
friend_______________________________________________________
11.You are what you pretend to
be...__________________________________________________
12.Cruel villainess sees spots in this Dodie Smith book.
13.Where you never grow up, by
Barrie_________________________________________________
14.Two children run away from home to go to the New York Metropolitan
Museum of Fine Art in the Newbery Award
winner.____________________________________________________________
15.The story of a little girl, named Fern, who loves a pig, in this
classic.
16.D.W.’s
brother________________________________________________________________
17.Lives with the man with the yellow