This is the third time I've sent this--I think it hasn't gotten through =
before--if so, sorry!

What follows is clips from the messages I received. If I didn't thank you =
personally, please accept my apologies. I passed the info along to my =
requesting teacher, but I plan to keep a copy for myself!=20

Cindy Denning=20
Librarian=20
Ponder HS=20
Ponder, TX=20
cindyd@esc11.net=20

I am remembering off the top of my head information I had several years =
ago,=20
so ..... We talked about such programs in library school, and I think =
they=20
were referred to as bibliography software. One of the cheapest and =
easiest=20
was a program called Papyrus. Maybe this info can get you started =
searching=20
for something newer.=20

I use MSAccess (usually part of the MSOffice Suite) at home. It has a=20
template that has all the info you could possibly want...=20

A company called "Right On Programs" offers a "Home Library Cataloguer" =
that=20
might be what she wants. I've seen their advertising for years, so I =
know=20
they've been around. They're also pretty low-cost.=20
Right On Programs=20
778 New York Ave.=20
Huntington, NY 11743=20
www.rightonprograms.com=20

Since I assume that she doesn't need all the relational database=20
capabilities of a full-blown library program (keep track of patrons,=20
overdues, fines, etc.) any ordinary database will do just fine. I have=20
fields for author, title, series, date added to collection, call # for =
my=20
non-fiction collection, ISBN, and categories for my fiction (mystery,=20
fantasy, etc.) I know, call me AR (and that doesn't stand for Accelerated=
=20
Reading!) but it works for me. I mainly use the database to print out =
the=20
author and title of my books so that I don't see something at Costco, =
say=20
"Oh, I like that author" and buy it, only to find that I have one (or =
two!)=20
at home already!!=20

Mitinet for $399.00=20

An over-the-counter database would serve her purpose nicely. She needs =
to=20
create the following fields in order for the program to be useful: =
title,=20
author, subject, copyright date, and location. HTH=20

I've found and used this free solution for home, Athenaeum Light, and =
it's=20
cross-platform (both Macs and PCs). You can find them at the following=20
website :=20

http://www.sumware.co.nz/Athenaeum/AthLight.htm=20
Depending on what kind of information she wants, a database such as Access =
or Microsoftworks might be adequate, especially if she just wants to be =
able to search by author/title/call number. Of course, if she wants MARC =
cataloging, it will need to be something different.=20