Hi all,
        I have just talked to Sagebrush Winnebago with my question, and got
a definite "maybe", so I thought I would refer it to the collective wisdom
of this group, and see if anybody else has had any experience with this
issue!
     My school is getting ready to make the move from Winnebago CIRC/CAT to
Spectrum.  Most of my computers will handle the new program with no trouble,
but in my patron stations, we are currently still using a couple of 486/33Mz
computers.   With the DOS version they run fine, but the Spectrum minimum
requirements for patron access is 486/66Mz.  I called Winnebago to ask if,
even though we know they will be slow, etc., will they run at all, just
enough to get us through a year or so until we can replace them.  They say,
"maybe."  So, my question is, is anybody out there running Spectrum on
something slightly less than the minimum requirements, or has anybody TRIED
to run Spectrum that way, and did it run?   I would like to know, as the
older computers would need a moderate RAM upgrade, but it's not worth doing
if the program still won't run.  Any advice or experiences will be GREATLY
appreciated.