Our two tin foil barbs have been officially named:  Calvin and Hobbes. We
had a fish naming contest open to all students. We weeded out the entries
for the top 10 and then sent the list around to teachers who each voted on
their favorite. The winner was a 4th grader and he won a very colorful
stuffed angel fish pillow. We have a little sign on the aquarium that tells
everyone what their names are and who the winner was.
Our barbs have now been joined by some fishy friends: Two pink convict
cichlids, two 3-spot gouramis, and three very young giant danios. The new
neighbors were put in on Friday afternoon and they were all still alive and
swimming today. We were concerned that the barbs might try a little
aggressive population control but (so far) there is harmony in water world.
We haven't decided whether to have another fish naming contest (especially
since we can't tell the danios apart at all) or not. We're busy with our
Read Across America this week plus an upcoming library-intensive middle
school project.
Thanks to all of you that offered great advice on getting our aquarium
going. It has generated MANY positive remarks from parents, prospective
parents, teachers, and students. Kids come by to visit on a regular basis so
they can watch the fish for a while. I'm so glad I've got it!

Susan Grigsby, LMS
The Epstein School, Atlanta Georgia
sgrigsby@epstein-atl.org

What is hateful to you, do not to another: this is the whole Torah, the rest
is commentary.  Hillel.