Dear Friends - I am reposting this question as a target
now due to the number of requests I have received for a
hit.  I will be happy to post a hit once I have sorted
out the reponses & gotten permission from responders.
Meanwhile, keep those ideas coming in folks. So far, it
seems that the themes of Information Power can provide
the framework I am looking for.  Here's the original
question:

I am looking for guidelines and/or a format for
composing a philosophy of education statement to add to
my resume.  I have been in academic and public libraries
since receiving my MLS, and am now obtaining K-12
certification to switch to school libraries (middle or
high school).  Many of the school systems in Connecticut
ask for such statements.  Should it be a separate page?
How long is a typical statement - a few paragraphs or a
few pages?  I would like to put many of the general
precepts of Information Power into practice in a school
library - is that the sort of content I should include,
or just general educational views?  If anyone can advise
me, please respond to me directly.  Thanks

Laura LaBelle
Part time Reference Librarian
Full time student
South WIndsor, CT