Hi again!

These replies came in to me and I thought "you all" ;) would enjoy them.
With thanks to Marti, Elizabeth, and Sharron!

Here's an excerpt from the original post. (If you missed it, the entire
post is reprinted following the comments below.) - Joanne

> By the way, is this Russell Hoban any relationship to Lillian Hoban who
> wrote the Arthur (the monkey, not the aardvark!) and Frances (the badger)
> books?

Joanne, thanks for the quote. I'm a "quotation collector" and always
like to find new gems for my collection. Lots more quotes by Russell
Hoban can be found on a terrific "fansite" about Mr. Hoban at
http://www.suba.com/~dayvoll/rh/index.html -- as well as info about his
life and writings. Russell and Lillian Hoban were married for a couple
of decades, and they collaborated on at least *some* of the Frances
books. After their divorce, she went on to do the Arthur series, while
more of his efforts went into writing adult books.

He's also written loads of other brilliant children's
books, often illustrated by Quentin Blake. He's American but lives in
England. He's also a very fine and very interesting adult novelist.

The late Lillian Hoban was Russell Hoban's wife at the time that she
illustrated his Frances books.  Later they divorced -- after which she
began to write and illustrated the Arthur books and raise their three
children -- at least one of which, Amy, has also written children's books.
Russell went to England where he began to focus on books for an older
audience.  Russell is still living.  Lillian died here in the US a couple
of years ago.

(Now here's the original post:)