Dear All,

I am on cloud nine, and I've just gotta share.  Today, I visited (at the
SLMS' invitation)
a 6-12 school and helped to kick off their HP festival (today was his
birthday).
I did a reading of  a selection from HP#4, booktalked about a half dozen
witch & warlock titles to read after HP (which I stole from your
suggestions), and played a
HP Trivia game.

The kids will be eating HP food in the school cafeteria all this week and
next (actually the same food they would have gotten anyway, just re-named
after HP characters, such as Turkey a la Malfoy, Dementordogs, and Prof.
Trelawny's Magical mystery Pizza).  As the year goes on, they will be divided
into the 4 houses, and have HP Library Scavenger Hunts and other activities.
 It was a lot of fun for all of us, and the kids were so receptive!

Anyway, about the announcement.  Although I have absolutely loved my job here
in Fayetteville, NC this past year, I have accepted the position of Young
Adult Librarian at the Euclid Public Library in Euclid, OH.  My first day is
Monday, Aug. 7.  My last here is this Wednesday. I have family & legal
obligations (property) in the Buffalo, NY area which make living fourteen
hours away a hardship.  Euclid is less than two hours away from my home in
Western NY where my elderly dad & son still live.

So anyway, I hope to be able to build the same wonderful relations with the
schools there as I have here.  Wish me luck!

Dawn Sardes
Teen Services Librarian
Cumberland County Public Library
North Regional Branch