    Several days ago I asked if anyone could suggest a very large atlas
suitable for display on an atlas stand. The biggest atlas I have found,
with the help of several suggestions which were kindly provided in
response to my query, is the DK Millennium World Atlas. It is a little
over 20" in height. Several people suggested National Geographic but the
biggest NG atlas I have found as around 18" in height. Another
suggestion was the Firefly Millennium World Atlas, which I am pretty
sure is the same as DK. I know size alone is not the single factor in
choosing an atlas, but I was hoping to replace a wonderful old atlas
that was just over 30" in height. It was the first volume purchased for
the library I started about 15 years ago. I would love another. If
anyone knows of one this large, I would still be most interested in the
information. Otherwise, the DK is absolutely beautiful and will probably
be my choice. Thanks for all responses!
    This link is to the DK atlas description at their site. It does not
seem to include the measurements, or at least I did not see them, but
found them at another site. But this gives the best overall description
of the volume...hope it helps, as I had several requests for a report of
what I learned. I hope it helps:
http://www.dk.com/us/shared/product.asp?ISBN=0789446049
Dr. Mary Ann Bell
Librarian in Transition