This is not a hoot, but a serious comment on a subject that (obviously) is
close to my heart.  For some time I have been bothered by advertising in
general; its effect on young people; and the image of libraries and
librarians.  This rant comes from a listserv I monitor and I have Mr. Jim
Walsh's (the author's) permission to forward it.  Please read and reflect.

Context:  yet another commercial depicting librarians as tight-butted
control freaks: