Hi! I'm posting hits from my querry last momth. Sorry it took me so long
to grant the requests of some -- been caught up in the promo & marketing
web.

While reading responses and ideas I realized that library use is one area
where we share the same concerns regardles of...

Promo ideas:

1. MAke the center a conducive place where teachers can read and browse,
providing an easy chair, coffee to go, etc
2. Place books where teachers can easily see and browse through them like
the xerox room, teachers' cafetiria, teachers workroom, etc.
3. Copying the table of contents and other significant info then send to
teachers' boxes.
4. Newsletter must have a part on newbooks or books for teachers;
5. Book talks during staff meetings;
6. Use e-mail technology to announce books and other materials that they
can borrow from the center;
7. Choose and display books on current topic or issue discussed in class;
8. Seek the support and involvement of the school principal to encourage
teachers to reda, borrow and use the library's collection.

There were plenty of responses, I just grouped the similar ones into one
category. As of present, our library has displays and bulletin boards
hihglighting a particular division in the DDC for teachers and students.
We are going to reward teachers who borrowed the most every month. Book
talks and book reviews are done during staff meetings and we are currently
putting up a mailing list for teachers where we can provide them with
current books and reviews of other materials such as periodicals, videos
and kits.

I experienced that it is a lot of work, but it sure is worthwhile to
keep reminding them. We're doing our part, we're just waiting for them...

Zarah Gagatiga
Librarian
Xavier School
Manila, Philippines