--------------1B532F8AC20DA72B60BCDB34

Dear LM Netters:

I hope that one of you will be able to give me some guidance on how to
download Marc records from a database such as the Library of Congress or
the Texas TLC database and then import them into my library system as
one file. I am using a Macintosh and don't know how to join all of the
marc files into one file to be imported into our library system.
I realize that I could turn my Mac into a PC using Virtual PC and then
run Mitinet and it would work that way. However, I would like to bypass
the whole Mitinet thing. I have no problem downloading them each record
at a time. However, when I import them then I would have to import them
every record at a time and this could get confusing and would be time
consuming. Is there a way  in Macintosh to combine files into one file.
I am familar with zipping, but not sure if this would work. Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, I am posting this message for another librarian in our district.
Please respond to me privately by e-mail.

Does anyone have Library World by Casper for your automation
system?  If so, have you received Mitinet warnings:  "Fields
100, 245, 260, 852 are of questionable length"?  We can see
nothing wrong & don't understand "questionable
length".

--
Brad Riffel
River Road High School Library