In my original posting I asked for recommendations for the NumaVision
opaque.  It was much light weight and kept cooler than other manufacturers'
models.

I received only one response:
"I have had a numa vision opaque projector for 9 years and it is absolutely
wonderful. I would not bother looking at any other type--it never gets
hot--very user friendly--things put in do not get hot--but it does take 2
bulbs--it will work in a half light room. It is great"

After numerous calls,  I found out that Numa and Da-Lite are no longer
making opaques projectors.  This is fast becoming an obsolete technology.
This is understandable with the advent of the affordable presenters,
scanners, color printers, and lcd projectors.

However, for those of us at the elementary level, when teachers want
everything from greeting card pictures, comics, pictures in books, magazine
clippings, etc. "blown up" for a bulletin board, using an opaque is much
easier for the parent volunteers to manage.  With coloring books we make
transparencies and use the overhead projectors.  This doesn't work well for
many of the color objects though, which is why the opaques have been needed.
We can not tie up the presenter or lcd projector for this when they are used
for instruction.

My question:  Does anyone have another suggestion?  Buhl still makes an
opaque projector, but I am hesitant to invest in equipment that will
probably be discontinued in the near future.
TIA

Jody H. Turner
Library Manager
Bedford County Public Schools