I had even more messages this morning so I'm updating the Hit.  I received
morning....Incredible...Thank you all so much :-)

The Library by Sarah Stewart and illus. by her husband, David Small  (12
votes)
Miss Rumphius by Barbara Cooney (7 votes and give her a packet of seeds to
plant)
The Library Dragon by Carmen Deedy (8 votes)
The Pagemaster
Bee Tree and Aunt Chip and the Triple Creek Dam by Patricia Polacco
Aunt LuLu by Pinkwater  (3 votes)
Library Lil by Suzanne Williams (6 votes)
Tomas and the Library Lady by Pat Mora (3 votes)
I Took my Frog to the Library by Eric Kimmel
The Silver Balloon by Susan Bonners
Stella Louella's Runaway Book by L. C. Campbell
The Girl Who Hated Books
The Library Card by Jerry Spinelli
The Librarian who measured the earth by Kathryn Latsky
The Librarian from the Black Lagoon (humorous) by Mike Thaler (2 votes)

The Greatest Treasure of Charlemagne the King - (Nadi
Wheatley).  Its about the emperor who whants to know why his royal Librarian
is so happy
all the time and so it goes on and Alciun (the librarian) teaches him to
read and then he takes a book with him everywhere - even into battle.

The Greatest Treasure_ by Demi.  This book is not
specifically about librarians.  It is about any person who has pursued a
life devoted to truth and art instead of money.  I gave this book to my
husband on his 50th birthday.
Patricia Polacco's Aunt Chip and the Great Triple Creek Dam Affair

and another great idea:

I did something last year for the principal that was different and
he said it brought all sorts of memories rushing back.  I made a collage of
all sorts of equipment throughout the ages that were used in our library
during his twenty-five years as principal.  We started with basic paper and
pen and easels, chalkboard, card catalog, ended with projection systems,
tv's, dvd's etc.  Hope this helps.

Thanks again!

Jody H. Turner
Library Manager