Colleagues:
Here is the HIT of personal anecdotes about author/illustrator Lisa Campbell
Ernst. She visited our school yesterday, and it was a wonderful day. I agree
with the first posting 100%. Our teachers and students were all very
impressed.
Thanks to all who sent me information, in case I neglected to thank you
individually. (I tried to remember!)
Carin Barwick
LMS, Geneseo Elementary
Geneseo, NY

=====================

She is one the nicest, most gracious, and well-prepared author/illustrators I
have ever hosted. Her programs are excellent, and keep the students
thoroughly engrossed and delighted. We also held a "Young Authors" study and
she proved to be a great teacher as well. She did a beautiful job of
autographing books also.

Since she is so willing to do a great job, make sure you have provided her
with ample time to autograph books. She spends so much time individualizing
and drawing that is difficult to imagine the time involved!

I hope you enjoy her as much as we did! My signature does not show  the
school that hosted her, though.  It was another one here in Wichita.

Wichita (KS) Public Schools
=====================

I heard her at a children's book conference , either Northern IL U or
LSMA...she was really neat.  She tells you the story behind the story.  Her
book about Bluebell the singing cow is clever and comes from a time when she
had to make the long drive across Kansas and her wondering why all the cows
were off under the trees far from the roads and fences....When Bluebell Sang.
 She is storyteller and puts a lot of thought into her illustrations.

St. Thomas, USVI
=====================

I met her several years ago when Peggy Sharp was still doing her "meet the
author' series. One of the interesting things is that her husband makes her
clothes! (or at least did then!)

Selah, Wa  98942
=====================

Lisa Campbell Ernst grew up in Bartlesville, the town where I work.  I'm a
late-comer and didn't know her until she came for an author visit three or
four years ago, but she was definitely friendly and down-to-earth and gave us
good programs in the schools besides an evening book signing.  She was 7 or 8
months pregnant at the time, and her 3-year-old daughter came to the book
signing with her.  Her presentation was a slide show with live narration
about making the book Bluebell Sings.  She left the posters she drew of
Bluebell during the presentation and also drew us a bookmark pattern with
Bluebell's head on it.  I only wish I had asked for and received permission
to videotape the program so I could use snips of it in subsequent lessons
about her books.

Bartlesville, OK
=====================

You will LOVE Lisa!  She is a local author (Kansas City area) who has been
very generous with her time for our library.  She is a great speaker withkids
- quiet and gentle like her illustrations.  She is also very professional and
interested in kids - she has a couple of her own.  She doesa program each
year during the summer for us and it is always packed.  She speaks at a lot
of the schools in the area and is always popular with both kids and teachers.

Shawnee Mission Kansas

Lisa is from my area, Kansas City.  She is an awesome speaker.  We had a
school in our district who had her visit.  She seemed very easy going and
easy to work with.  Her book, Duke the Dairy Delight Dog  won the Show Me
Award for children in Missouri grades 1-3.  Have a great time with her:)