Hello,

Just a quick update: If you haven't registered for our next READ IN!, please
do...We have an outstanding new site full of teacher resources, lesson plans,
five monthly columnists, free 8 X 11" posters (see the posters under Peter
Reynolds' column), contests, story starters, and, of course, bios and
information about THE READ IN! authors!

EXCITING NEWS: We are holding our second eBay auction beginning November
25-December 4! We have some great items up for bid, including passes to
Graceland, the Guggenheim Museum, a one night stay at the Reno Hilton, passes
to Great America, Busch Gardens, and autographed books and tshirts from our
authors...GREAT Christmas presents and your purchase price is a tax donation
because we are a registered non-profit organization!

Please visit the website...more is put up daily...www.readin.org

We have helped 13 California school libraries with their Governor's Book Fund
Grant...If you are a CA school library and are interested, send me an
email...be glad to help!

Here are THE READ IN! authors for this year, with just a sampling of their
books:

Bruce Coville: My Teacher is an Alien
Guy Gilchrist: Children's author/illustrator of Nancy and Muppets comics
Jacqueline Briggs Martin: Snowflake Bentley
Virginia Hamilton: M.C. Higgins, The Great
Avi: Poppy, Charlotte Doyle
R.L. Stine: Goosebumps, Fear Street, Nightmare Room
Roland Smith: Jaguar
Robert Munsch: Paper Bag Princess, Love You Forever
Peter Reynolds: North Star, Judy Moody
Fred Bowen: Full Court Fever
Ed Emberley: Fingerprints books
Judy Blume: Fudge, Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret
Debi McNabb: Elliot and Friends
Daniel Hayes: Trouble With Lemons
James Moloney: The Pipe
Geoffrey McSkimming: Cairo Jim
Diane de Groat: Happy Birthday to You, You Belong in a Zoo
Phyllis Reynolds Naylor: Saving Shiloh
Tim Bowler: RiverBoy
Bruce Balan: Cyberkidz Mysteries Series
David Boyd: Wordsy & Jess series
Carol Gorman: Dork in Disguise
Margo Sorenson: Fight in the Fields: Caesar Chavez

We hope to see many of you at the CSLA Conference...stop by Thursday!

Jane ;-)
Jane Coffey
THE READ IN!
http://www.readin.org