It's long-term planning time again for us -- this time a three-year plan.
Remembering some discussion on this subject a while back, I searched the
archives to see what others are considering in their planning.  The last hit
I could find was posted several years ago, and we all know how much things
have changed in even that short span of time!  Anyway, I'm wondering what
all of you consider to be important to include in your media center
long-term plans.  One thing we're considering is the feasibility of
reconfiguring the floor plan of the media center (if wiring permits this) so
the computers are clustered in task-oriented "pods" -- possibly one for
online catalogs, one for Internet and database searches, one for word
processing, etc.  We're in a situation where this all takes place on our two
banks of computers, and this is not always very efficient.  What are your
goals and visions for a better media center?  I'll post a hit, of course, if
you wish.

Karen S. Naftzger
Rocky River High School Media Center
20951 Detroit Road