Hello LMNetters:

Some days ago I requested some indications about how to evaluate our 6000 volume
colletion.
There was one response that I thank. I did investigate in LMNET files and
did some further reading and found out that this is a quite a quest for any
librarian and for the moment I have put it off.

Now, since we have our inventory in december what I want are some
guidelines on pricing each item. In Tarea we do have prices on many of the
books we buy, but most of the publications in our collection are obtained
through interchange of Tareas publications with other institutions (NGOs,
Universities, etc). Is there any paper or information where I can obtain
information on the criteria to use in establishing a price for each item?
Many of the books were obtained in donations and even if they are very
valuable for research in some cases I want to have certain criteria to
establish their price.

TIA in advance....

From Lima.....

Gustavo von Bischoffshausen (gustavo@tarea.org.pe)
Servicios de Informacion
Tarea, Asociacion de Publicaciones Educativas
Lima, PERU
PC/WINDOWS95, Netscape Communicator, Pegasus Mail para Windows

En la literatura tanto como en el amor, siempre nos sorprenden las elecciones de
los y las otr@s (sic)
Andre Maurois