Thanks to those who tried to help with our need for web sites or software
that would translate from Chinese to English or vice versa.  The responses I
received are below:

I have not used it, but when Netscape 6 was introduced, a component was
supposed to do just what you need. I caution you that NS6 causes serious
conflicts on some computers, so if you try it it might be best to use a
machine that you have backed up completely and are willing to reformat and
re-install the original content should things go terribly wrong. Netscape's
homepage would be where I'd start looking for information and exchange
e-mail with them before actually installing anything. Hope that is of some
help. Cheers!
A favorite site of mine is "Measure for Measure." It is "A collection of
interactive sites on the Web that estimate, claculate, evaluate, translate,
etc. In other words, they do the work for you."
http://www.wolinskyweb.com/measure.htm

I just went to Google.com, put in the search term "translator" and got this
site: Online Dictionaries and Translators online dictionaries that assist in
the conversion from one language to anotherlanguage-- Online dictionaries
that assist in the conversion from one language to another...Description:
Online dictionaries that assist in the conversion from one language to
another language Category: Science > Social Sciences > Language and
Linguistics > Translation rivendel.com/~ric/resources/dictionary.html - 2k -
Cached - Similar pages I'm sure if you put in other forms of the word
"translate," you would find others.

http://world.altavista.com/On this left side of this page, you can select
Chinese, but whether that is Cantonese Chinese, who knows? Maybe the
Shadow.....

Virginia Martin, Librarian
Ketron Middle School
Kingsport, TN 37660