Dear Netters:

I am posting this on behalf of another librarian that I work with.  We had a
teacher come in today looking for a young adult book that deals with
disabilities and how kids learn to deal with them--specifically their own
disability.  It is for a student with a disability (I'm not sure what the
particular issue the student has regarding their disability), but we're also
not sure what disability.  Apparently, it's some sort of physical
disability, but the teacher did not want to reveal what the particulars
were.  We are not a school library--we are part of the education department
at the University of Montana and serve as a resource center for practicing
and preservice teachers, so we do not personally know anything about the
student in question.  The teacher was also interested in getting the titles
of print resources, such as bibliographies, that would deal with
children's/YA lit bibliotherapy.  Any useful websites would also be greatly
appreciated.  I'm sorry this is so vague, but we really are drawing a blank
on this request.  If you have anything to pass along to us, it would be
greatly appreciated.  I will post a hit.  Thanks!

Sarah

Sarah Conover
Library student,
Library aide/Computer lab monitor
University of Montana, Missoula, MT
portia_mov@hotmail.com
euterpe@selway.umt.edu
"'Our job,' said the count, 'is to see that all the words sold are proper
ones, for it wouldn't do to sell someone a word that had no meaning or
didn't exist at all.  For instance, if you bought a word like "ghlbtsk,"
where would you use it?'"  --Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth