I apologize to the group for this posting - but I have to get this off my
chest!!  I have just finished this year's book fair and it was the best yet!
(We just switched to Scholastic from Troll).  Each year, after the fair is
over I take part of my profits as well as the dollar amount in free books
and divide it by the number of teachers and teacher aides in the school and
tell them they get a certain dollar amount in free book fair stuff.  I do
this after the fair is over.  Inevitably there are those who either can't
make it when I have it open or those that are complaining that there really
isn't much here for this amount of money.  This year I have teachers
complaining because they don't think the teacher's aides should be included
in the free stuff so the teachers could get more free stuff!  I calmly
(while gritting my teeth) said I appreciate your suggestion, however I will
continue to include them in this benefit.
I walked away from this year's fair feeling more frustrated than ever!!  Do
any of you do any other kind of fund raiser that is (ha, ha, ha) less
grief-inducing than the book fair?

Thanks for listening and any help/advice you might offer!!

Amy Derwin, SLMS
Joseph Henry Elementary School
Galway, NY
aederwin@galwaycsd.org