Someone asked me to post a hit on the results of my request for information
on the ebook reader.  Here are the replies that I received.

I'm a new e-book user, but so far I love my Rocket
Reader Pro (about $269!)  Thanks!  P. Bacon

Look on page 8 of the December issue of Consumer Reports. I just read this
article on the new ebook readers coming out in Dec.

I have never used one, but I was recently at a workshop where an e-book
author recommended them. She said that it will hold about 10 average size
books. Lee  Ann Kee

The Rocket ebook may not be available at this time...last time I checked
Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com, the Rocketbook wasn't available pending
new release.  Thomson Electronics has a new machine coming out in the next
week or so...Oprah will be giving this away to her audiences as a
gift...there are two models...one with color technology.  A service maybe
subscribed to for acquiring materials for download.  You might check Thomson
Electronic website...

Cheri Anderson,LMS

These are great...just be aware that you have to pay for some books, and the
cost is often about the same as for a print copy. The free books out there
are typically the classics, where there's not copyright issue. Any
bestsellers he'll have to buy, of course.

I got a Rocket eBook last Christmas, and I love it. It holds 4000 pages of
text, has great backlighting, a dictionary, etc. Downloading books is
easy, and the list of titles is growing. I've yet to show it to a single
person who didn't have a positive reaction to it. I say go for it!

Bob

Sharon Paintner
Librarian
Carrington High School