--part1_80.366b6a2.2753d38b_boundary

Hello all,

I wrote this group about a year ago asking about the prospects of finding a
job in the Salt Lake City area.  My husband was contemplating taking a job at
the time.  Several of you responded with information about the area and the
school systems there.  Well, I am asking for advice once again.

My husband did, indeed, take the job in Salt Lake.  We bought a home in
Draper, close to Sandy and are not very far (by Washington, DC suburbs
standards) to Salt Lake.  I will graduate from the University of Maryland in
December with my MLS and will be arriving in Utah around the holidays.  Do
any of you fine people have advice on how to go about finding a job out
there?  I understand that school media jobs are more difficult to find there
than in this area (where all the school systems are begging for SLMS).  I
also do not have teacher certification although I have worked in a school
library for many years.  I was told that might be a serious problem and I
just don't know if I'm ready to go back to school at my age for yet another
masters degree.

I will be walking my resume and application around to the local school
systems but any advice or tips on how to succeed would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time,
Heather Norris
Graduate Student, College of Information Studies
University of Maryland, College Park
hgnorris@aol.com

--part1_80.366b6a2.2753d38b_boundary

<HTML><FONT  SIZE=2>Hello all, &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>I wrote this group about a year ago asking about the prospects of finding a
<BR>job in the Salt Lake City area. &nbsp;My husband was contemplating taking a job
at <BR>the time. &nbsp;Several of you responded with information about the area and
the <BR>school systems there. &nbsp;Well, I am asking for advice once again. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>My husband did, indeed, take the job in Salt Lake. &nbsp;We bought a home in
<BR>Draper, close to Sandy and are not very far (by Washington, DC suburbs
<BR>standards) to Salt Lake. &nbsp;I will graduate from the University of Maryland
in <BR>December with my MLS and will be arriving in Utah around the holidays.
&nbsp;Do <BR>any of you fine people have advice on how to go about finding a job
out <BR>there? &nbsp;I understand that school media jobs are more difficult to find
there <BR>than in this area (where all the school systems are begging for SLMS).
&nbsp;I <BR>also do not have teacher certification although I have worked in a
school <BR>library for many years. &nbsp;I was told that might be a serious problem
and I <BR>just don't know if I'm ready to go back to school at my age for yet
another <BR>masters degree. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>I will be walking my resume and application around to the local school
<BR>systems but any advice or tips on how to succeed would be greatly
<BR>appreciated. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>Thanks in advance for your time,
<BR>Heather Norris
<BR>Graduate Student, College of Information Studies
<BR>University of Maryland, College Park
<BR>hgnorris@aol.com
<BR></FONT></HTML>

--part1_80.366b6a2.2753d38b_boundary--