Dear Netters,

I am beginning to feel a bit uneasy about this bookfair business.

This is my first year in a school and will be with books fair (Spring of
2001).  So far, I have spent an incredible amount of time trying to get
books from last year's $300 credit with Scholastic.  Since August I have
been choosing books off of a list that indicateds the books are in the
warehouse, so it should be relatively easy to fill.  I am only choosing
hardbacks because our budget is so small, that this $300 can make quite a
difference for our collection.  Yet, since August I have looked at two
lists, and received not even half of what I have requested.  The books are
"out of stock."  So, I go back again to the list and try to pick other
ones...it is a big crap shoot!

In the meantime, I am reading all this stuff about bookfairs and how the
choices are so limited between the two companies.  I think I will talk to
some very good local book stores about a fair.  They give us a 20% discount
as it is, and I would rather work with a small business who really needs us
and appreciates us, than the larger companies, if I can.

Whatever happened to customer service?

Tina Hudak, Librarian
St. Bernard's School
Riverdale, MD