Hi,

I just finished a Troll Book Fair so I have read with interest the
discussion of the two big companies for book fairs, troll and scholastic.
The students at my school noticed the difference right away as I have done
Scholastic for the past two years. ( This is my third year on the job. ) The
students missed some of the popular series books, such as the Dear America
books.  Teachers and parents also commented on the inferior quality of the
product.  I came to the conclusion that the contents of the fair were more
sparse.  Scholastic offers more variety and also characters like franklin,
clifford and more arthur books, also blue of blue's clues and rugrats.
Troll sent two arthur books, a Blue doll but not books, and a couple of
Kipper books.  However, I was very frustrated with Scholastic's service last
year.  I eventually had to go to my local bookstore and buy the books myself
that Scholastic was promising and not delivering and their warehouse sent
the wrong books out many times.  Also, they promised pokemon chapter books
but did not send them until the last day of the fair (my fair runs for two
weeks in the fall).  I thought my problems with Scholastic were due to my
timing--I had it in Nov. during Education Week.  But reading the comments
here, it seems that Scholastic is slipping.  Troll's product is a bit
inferior but their service was excellent.  I complained about the lack of
Harry Potter and I had a whole box load in 1 day.  They were just as
responsive to every other request I had.  I do not know what to do.  I wish
there was another choice to try!  The kids at my school love the book fair
and it does provide my library with extra funds and books.

Betsy Hundert