Regarding my post of two days ago asking why I receive some messages in
duplicate, usually withing a minute or two of each other.

I think I have noticed a pattern.  The messages that are doubled are the ones
that have that "multi-part message in mime format" line at the beginning (and
I always thought I had a gift for alliteration).

Also, an AOL techie told me that email gets leap-frogged over the world
through many servers, and, in fact, it is possible that a message you may
send from your computer to your neighbor may actually be routed through Tibet
or something.  Anyway, it is possible that an AOL (or non-AOL) server
somewhere out there in the Ethernet Jungle
is a bit obsessive-compulsive and is duplicating stuff.  But, of course, my
AOL tech
people have been wrong before, like when one talked my husband (who can
barely turn it on correctly) through starting our pc in DOS mode and deleting
important files which rendered my computer unable to open AOL at all, so take
this explanation with a grain of salt.

Dawn Sardes
YA Librarian
Euclid Public Library (Ohio)