Donna wrote:
These lessons on book care are great, and I will use parts of them as I
teach
> this lesson each year.  However, something is missing:  proper book care is
> hardly mentioned while improper book care is clearly demonstrated.

I agree.  I had similar thoughts as I read the posts.  The No David lesson
plan is so cool and memorable that I will be trying it, but have alread made
signs for two boxes:  No! No! Never!,  and Yes! Yes! Always!  I think that
by adding a few more props and using them all as double duty ones, I can
start with the negative and move to the positive.  For example, the dog can
represent the "Keep your books safe from pets." for the Yes Box.

 Any thoughts?
--
Molly

Molly Pearson, Librarian
Lakewood Elementary and English Crossing Libraries
Lakewood School District, Lakewood, WA  (north of Seattle)
mapearso@gte.net