Thank you all of you who responded to my request for information on
printing bar codes.  I had quite a few requests for a HIT.

We are using Mitinet for our cataloging, pre conversion.  I would like to be
able
to dump my Mitinet records into whatever we are using to create the labels.  The
program that I mentioned, LabelWorks by Riversedge Corp, takes a data base or
text file as input and creats bar codes for all or selected records.

Several people indicated that the printed bar codes with their automation
system.
We will be using Mandarin, but haven't completed our conversion yet.  From what
I have read so far, Mandarin does not have a bar code printing facility.  Any
one that has any info to the contrary?

Here are the actual responses I received...

We use LabelRight and it works fine.

I am using a program called Sticky Business Plus which has proven to be
very useful for all sorts of labels.

We print bar codes for the same type books you describe.  We use
Spectrum (Winnebago) for our automated system and that has a componant in
reports that prints bar codes.  We've had excellent luck with it.  I just
use Avery 5160 labels and save a lot of money versus buying the stock from
Sagebrush/Winnebago.  They work just as well when you use a bar code
protector.  Our middle school isn't even using protectors.  I'm not ready
to give those up yet due to the hard use my books get from my little ones in
K-3.

We print all our own barcodes.  We use the software that came with the
CIRC/CAT program from what used to be called Winnebago.  We have had no
problems with it.

I use Alexandria and printing bar codes is one of the report options.

I catalog everything myself and print all barcodes.  Our library is running
Winnebago, which has barcode printing built right in.

We have Winnebago Spectrum for circ and catalog. The system allows us to
print barcodes.

I print all barcodes using Labels unlimited but will be changing to
Ultimate label maker v2 shortly

My circulation program (Athena by Sagebrush) offers the option to print
bar codes. I print the bar codes on address labels using my laser
printer.

Don't spend the money.  We are using Microsoft database, all we did was get
a barcode font and create our own.  Very simple program.  Works great for
Follett barcodes.

You probably do not want to change to a new system, but Alexandria
prints barcodes and does a great job.

Marisa Szamreta
PTO Library Committee Chairperson
Dwight D. Eisenhower Elementary