I do not know how to post a hit, so I will just sum up.  (If someone wants to
E-mail me and tell me how to post hits, I'd love it.)
I had about 25 responses personally and all but two thought I was being very
reasonable and a few even said they were going to see if their principal
would let them use the same policy.  Many of you have had the same problems.
But today I decided that the policy was not the problem.  The same teacher
confronted me today again and it was very personal.  Our school has never let
Kindergartners check out books.  I know, I know!  So I decided that I want
them to be able to, so I checked with my principal and it was approved.
Since I have no aides or volunteers of any kind, I asked if the teacher could
stay with the class one or two times to help me teach the use of shelf
markers, etc.  The principal agreed, it was announced in faculty meeting and
no complaints were heard.  It went well last week and so I told the teachers
they wouldn't have to come the second week.  All went well, except for Miss
X, that is.  Last week she told me she didn't know anything about it and was
too busy to stay.  Today she told me she was NOT going to stay and do my job
for me.  She wasn't giving up her break and she was "writing me up" and
wanted all of her student's permission slips returned.  All of this yelling
(on her part only) went on in front of a workroom full of teachers!  I
stalled on giving the permission slips back and talked to the principal who
said to keep them.  He asked me why I thought she was acting this way towards
me, but I really couldn't tell him anything.  I went out of my way last year
to fix up a TV/VCR for her classroom and have never had a run in with her
before.  She has never been warm and fuzzy with me, but I tried not to let on
I noticed.  I have really had a super-great relationship with 99.9% of my
teachers, and never a run in with any of them before.
Just another thing to make the week seem longer.  TGTF!
Jeanna Dennis, LMS
C.F. Hard Elementary
Bessemer, AL
Simon827@AOL.COM