Here are some of the titles suggested by others or found  by me for a
collection of books for Primary that either are bilingual
(Spanish/English), in Spanish or reflect Hispanic culture in some
way.  I was creating the collection to give migrant kids something
familiar to read as well as expose the other students to their
language and culture.  Many of the titles were available from Baker
and Taylor.  You can also use a specific bilingual jobber like
Bilingual Books (www.bilingualbooks.com) or a jobber that specializes
in Spanish books like Lectorum (www.lectorum.com) In the back of the
Follett catalog was also an ad for Pinata Books, a division of Arte
Publico Press.  There was no address, so I assume these titles were
available through Follett.  I did not list those as the list was
already long!  Booklist has a column that reviews Spanish books for
kids on a regular basis.  The May 2000 issue of SLJ also had reviews
of Spanish books.  They probably do it occasionally but I never
noticed before as I wasn't looking for those kind of materials till
now.  Thanks to those who made suggestions!

Capdevial       La escuela que aventura
Soto            Tomas & the library lady
                Too many tamales
                Big bushy mustache
                Chato kitchen (video version is great!)
                Chato and the party animals
Carmichael      El osito usado/ used up bear
Gruber          Tomas lee al reves/upsidedown reader
Covault         Pablo and Pimienta
Dorros          Abuela
Tello           Abuelo & the three bears/ Abuelo y cos tres...
Ada             Gathering the sun
                Christmas tree/Elarbol de Navidad
                Lizard & the sun/La lagartija y el sol
Garza           Family pictures
                Magic windows
Delacre         Arroz con leche
Reiser          Tortillas & lullabies/ Tortillas y cancioncitas
Hall            Los pollitos dicen/baby chickens...
Salmeron        Nariz de serpiente.Snake nose
Emberley        My day/mi dia
                My house/Mi casa
                Let's go/Vamos
                Taking a walk/Caminando
                My colors/Mis colores (board)
                My numbers/Mis numeros (board)
                My opposites/Mis opuestos (board)
                My shapes/Mis Formas (board)
Brusca          Three friends/Tres amigos
Griego          Tortillas para mama
Mora            Uno, dos, tres
                Mis primoeros conocimientos atlas
                Agua, agua, agua
Madrigal        Blanca's feather
Tabor           El gusto del mercado../Taste of Mexican market
Pirz            Kids Stuff Spanish
Herrera         El nono de cabeza/ Upside down boy
Lachtman        Pepita habla dos/Pepita talks twice - more titles available
Hayes           Little gold star/Estrellita de oro
Kenny           Kids Can Press Spanish English phrase book
Blanco          Angel's kite
Wick            Veo/I spy
Beaton          Family/La familia
(or Bertrand?)  Opposites/ Los contarios
                Animals'Los animales
                Colors/Los colores
                Numbers/Los numeros
                Clothes/La ropa
Moreton         La cucaracha Martina
Gonzalez        Bossy gallito
Mayoga          David plays hide and seek/Juega al escondite
Jaramillo       Grandmother's nursery rhymes/Las nanas...
Elya            Eight animals on the town/Ocho animales...
Colon-Villa     Salsa
Belafonte       Island in the sun
Stevens         Carlos series

Rebekah Olson, LMS