Hi Folks,
I'm just wondering if anyone out there has had book orders fouled up?  Our Upper
School Librarian placed a huge order with Follett back in early February for her
starting reference collection.  We both put our heads together to make sure that
the collections would be separate but share the same database.  My barcode labels
now carry the name of the actual library.  Hers were supposed to have "Upper School
Library".  We also decided to keep different barcode numbers...mine being up to 5
digits, hers beginning in the 6 digits.   She filled out the paperwork and sent it
in along with her initial order.  When she opened the boxes today, all of the books
had my library name and my next starting barcode numbers.  They did this for
approximately 500 reference books.

The librarian has been leaving messages all afternoon and has not had her call
returned.  She called customer service and they could not help her.  They said that
she would have to wait for one of the people who are familiar with her account to
call her back.  They did stress that they did not want the books sent back.

Next week, the new building is to be dedicated.  But it looks like we will not have
these books sitting on the shelves.

Are they really going to make us relabel 59 cartons of books ourselves??  Is this
an acceptable solutions? Has anyone else gone through a similar fiasco and if so,
how was the problem resolved?  It doesn't sound like a quick fix.

I would really appreciate any librarians or jobbers who are lurking on this
listserv to give us some insight.

Thanks,
Camille Atkins
Sr. Librarian