--part1_b4.13b73d18.27fcac01_boundary

Dear LM_Netters:

Here the the hit on funny books for high school students:

Harris and Me

 MeelyLaBauve by Ken Wells is not totally funny, but has some funny sections=
.=20
It also has some fairly frank scenes regarding Meely's discovery of sex.

 Rennison'sAngus thongs and full frontal snogging
Catherine Clark's Truth or Dairy
Meg Cabot's The Princess diaries

=20
Rob Thomas; Doing Time:Notes from the Undergrad, a
collection of inter-linked short stories on students who are completing
their high school community service/service learning requirement.  I have
never laughed so much, so hard, in such a long time!  Highly recommended!
(Simon & Schuster paperback, ISBN 0-689-82414-9.
=20

 Confessions of a TeenageDrama Queen by Dyan Sheldon
MeelyLaBauve by Ken Wells [but read this one first--there's an incident wher=
e=20
he has his first sexual experience thatyou may not find appropriate for your=
=20
group]

=20
Where the kissing never stops, by Ron Koertge

 Joey Pigza Swallowed the Key by Jack Gantos
The Watsons Go To Birmingham - 1963 by Christopher Paul Curtis(1st chapter i=
s=20
one of funniest I've ever read!)

 AuthorsMarion Keyes, James Herriot, Tom Sharpe, Sue Townsend. Also
Monty Python. =20

 The Hitchhiker's Guide to theGalaxy by Douglas Adams
=A0and the other titles in the series
=20
 The Herioc Life of Al Capsella by J. Clarke and the sequel
=20

--part1_b4.13b73d18.27fcac01_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2>Dear LM_Netters:
<BR>
<BR>Here the the hit on funny books for high school students:
<BR>
<BR>Harris and Me
<BR>
<BR> MeelyLaBauve by Ken Wells is not totally funny, but has some funny sect=
ions.=20
<BR>It also has some fairly frank scenes regarding Meely's discovery of sex.
<BR>
<BR> Rennison'sAngus thongs and full frontal snogging
<BR>Catherine Clark's Truth or Dairy
<BR>Meg Cabot's The Princess diaries
<BR>
<BR>=20
<BR>Rob Thomas; Doing Time:Notes from the Undergrad, a
<BR>collection of inter-linked short stories on students who are completing
<BR>their high school community service/service learning requirement. &nbsp;=
I have
<BR>never laughed so much, so hard, in such a long time! &nbsp;Highly recomm=
ended!
<BR>(Simon &amp; Schuster paperback, ISBN 0-689-82414-9.
<BR>=20
<BR>
<BR> Confessions of a TeenageDrama Queen by Dyan Sheldon
<BR>MeelyLaBauve by Ken Wells [but read this one first--there's an incident=20=
where=20
<BR>he has his first sexual experience thatyou may not find appropriate for=20=
your=20
<BR>group]
<BR>
<BR>=20
<BR>Where the kissing never stops, by Ron Koertge
<BR>
<BR> <B><I>Joey Pigza Swallowed the Key</B></I> by Jack Gantos
<BR><B><I>The Watsons Go To Birmingham - 1963</B></I> by Christopher Paul Cu=
rtis(1st chapter is=20
<BR>one of funniest I've ever read!)
<BR>
<BR> AuthorsMarion Keyes, James Herriot, Tom Sharpe, Sue Townsend. Also
<BR>Monty Python. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR> The Hitchhiker's Guide to theGalaxy by Douglas Adams
<BR>=A0and the other titles in the series
<BR>=20
<BR> The Herioc Life of Al Capsella by J. Clarke and the sequel
<BR>=20
<BR></FONT></HTML>

--part1_b4.13b73d18.27fcac01_boundary--