While I only received one response to my request for feedback on the Write
Traits writing program, I received numerous requests to post a hit (posted
below).  I've purchased the elementary/middle grade edition of the book
_Books, Lessons, Ideas for Teaching the Six Traits_, published by Great
Source Education Group, ISBN 0669481742, and even if a district is not
actively teaching the Write Traits program, this book gives wonderful
examples of books that characterize each of the six traits.  There is also a
high school version available.  Generally, the program seems to offer a
constructive way to teach students how to identify important elements in
writing.  Thank you to the LM_Netter who offered the following feedback, and
if anyone else has information to share, please do!
---------
Are you talking about the Six Traits writing program?
If so, our district started it last year.  I think the
teachers were pretty happy with it and it seemed  to be
a good program.  Their only complaint was that so much
of it is subjective but that's what happens when you
start judging someone's writing.  The district had some
people trained (not sure how many) and then those people
trained everyone else in the district.  Ours happened to
be on our campus so we had easy access if we needed
help.  I think the materials provided depends on what
your district buys.  I hope this helps, if this is the
program you're talking about.
-----
Ann Arpin
Elementary LMS