Thanks to all who sent me a title or two.  I really appreciate all your
help!  Here is the hit list:

Tan Publishers… Most of the individual saints books are for ten year olds,
but there are some coloring books for younger. Web site is
http://www.tanbooks.com

I find St. Books when I attend the Catholic library association conference
after Easter. Tomie DePaola has written several saints, religious books. So
has Brian Wildsmith.

We have a 1974 copyright set of Story Library of the Saints that our third
graders use a lot. I don't know if there's been an updated or revised
version, but it would work if you can find it. Maybe an out-of print source
like Alibris? Although I'm sure there are some good, more current books out
there.

Sister Wendy's Book of Saints!

I have some that I like.  My most recent purchase is
Michael O'Neill McGrath's book:  Patrons and Protectors:  Occupations.
Liturgy Training Publications, 2001.  1-800-933-1800. I also use All Saints
by Robert Ellsberg, Crossroad Publication, 1997 for my own reference and
'storytelling' to younger students.

If you mean a series of books with each book about a different saint, I hate
to tell you this but there's nothing out there.   There's no one writing
those kinds of books, or at least not many.  Tomie dePaola's done a few and
so has Brian Wildsmith and there are a couple of fairly recent ones on St.
Nicholas but the few that are out there are on the more well known saints.
It's one of my biggest frustrations.  There are always new collected
biographies but even most of those are for older kids.   The few saint books
being written seem to be for adults, and still seem to focus on the
better-known ones.   The religious who used to write these types of books
(like Brother Ernest) just aren't around any more.   When I started here in
'84 the library did have the old ones and I have kept them, despite the fact
that some of them are highly fictionalized, because I have found nothing to
replace them with.  I have mentioned the problem to at least one or two
religious press representatives but they don't seem to have taken up the
challenge.

I have the following collections of saint books in my collection. The
reading level is a little higher on some of them but the students seem to be
able to use them as they are all very short biographies.

BIO HEF
          Heffernan, Eileen.  Fifty-seven saints.  2nd ed.  Boston, MA: St.
Paul Books & Media, c1994.  You'll read about great acts of heroism and
courage, about people whose families were torn apart by addictions and gang
violence, about people who faced incredible challenges and deep sorrows. But
they ultimately had one thing in common: an uncommon love for Jesus Christ
and for their fellow human beings.

BIO LOV
          Lovasik, Lawrence G.  Super-heroes of God.  N.J. : Catholic Book
Publishing Co., c1999.

BIO SAI
          Saints for young readers for every day.  2nd ed. Boston, MA:
St. Paul Books & Media, c1995.  v. 1. January-June -- v. 2. July-December.

BIO SAV
          Savary, Louis M.  The children's book of saints.  New York : The
Regina Press, 1986.  The saints seemed to focus a lot of their attention and
energy, as Jesus himself did, on the poor, needy, uneducated, abused, and
otherwise forgotten people of society. Their joy and happiness, however,
came from their love for God and for their fellow human beings. The
important lesson they teach us is that we, too, can change and grow in our
love for God and for each other.

PR 270 GLA
          Glavich, Kathleen.  Saints for children : stories,
activities,prayer services.  Mystic, CT : Twenty-Third Publications, 1997.
For each saint there is a lively account of his or her life and good works,
a prayer service, questions for discussion, a craft, suggested activities,
and a puzzle or game.

PR 270 SCH
          Schreiber, Gayle.  Saints alive : stories and activities for young
children.  Mystic, Conn. : Twenty-Third Publications, c1996.  Offers 30
brief and simple saint stories for young children. Each story focuses on a
positive aspect of the saint's life and offers a prayer to that saint.

Maureen Mooney, LMS
mmooney@saintgregorysschool.org
Saint Gregory's School for Boys
Loudonville, NY