I just read this message on a message board and thought you might be
interested.=20

Book Bingo - It is very easy to do your own and customize it. That =
would be
a great project if you have some =8Cdown=B9 time over the holidays.
Open your Word or WordPerfect (or whatever you are using) and open
http://www.amazon.com web site. Do a search on Amazon for a book you =
want to
include in your game. Right-click on the picture of the book. Select =
copy.
Then go to your word document, right-click again and select paste. =
Select
any 24 titles you want and arrange them neatly in rows of 5. Leave the =
3rd
place in the 3rd row open for a free space. In the free space you can =
insert
the word FREE or a picture from the clip art file. Save it as Card One, =
then
print. For another game card just re-arrange the titles. You can add =
and
remove titles, too. Use a glue stick to affix the game boards to
construction or oak tag paper.  Laminate your game cards so they can be =
used
over and over again.

I made another bingo game, using a scanner and favorite book =
characters. The
children love to play this, and I am reinforcing those "students will =
become
familiar with a wide variety of authors" and "Students will be exposed =
to a
wide variety of literature". I use dried lima beans for markers. The =
kids
are always fascinated with those dried up beans that most of them have =
never
seen! I give small prizes, like a tiny piece of candy, and we play =
until
everyone has won at least once - even if that means some kids leave the
table to go get their library books. They are good at helping each =
other.

And now that I am typing this I am thinking of other topics that would =
be
easy to do this way, using graphics found on the internet. Animals - =
easy
sight words - wow. Too many ideas, and too few hours.

I asked about copyright infringement on LM_NET when I made my favorite =
book
characters game and was told it is okay, since I am not re-creating
something instead of purchasing it, and I am not selling it for my =
profits.

Karen DeFrank
Dorothy L. Bullock Elementary School
Glassboro, NJ 08028