I don't know who the author is of this but thought it was worth sharing. =
=20
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Last Christmas/This Christmas
 1. Last Christmas we were thinking about all the things we didn't have; =
this=20
Christmas we are thinking about all the things we do have.=20

2. Last Christmas we were placing wreaths on the doors of our homes; =
this=20
Christmas we are placing wreaths on the graves of our heroes.=20

3. Last Christmas we were letting our sons play with toy guns; this=20
Christmas we are teaching them that guns are not toys.=20

4. Last Christmas we were counting our money; this Christmas we are =
counting our blessings.=20

5. Last Christmas we were lighting candles to decorate; this Christmas we =
are lighting candles to commemorate.=20

6. Last Christmas we paid lip service to the real meaning of the holidays; =
this
Christmas we are paying homage to it.=20

7. Last Christmas we were digging deep into our bank accounts to find =
money to fly home for the holidays; this Christmas we are digging deep =
into our souls to find the courage to do so.=20

8. Last Christmas we were trying not to let annoying relatives get the =
best of us; this=20
Christmas we are trying to give the best of ourselves to them.=20

9. Last Christmas we thought it was enough to celebrate the holidays; =
this=20
Christmas we know we must also find ways to consecrate them.=20

10. Last Christmas we thought a man who could rush down a football field =
was a hero; this Christmas we know a man who rushes into a burning =
building is the real one.=20

11. Last Christmas we were thinking about the madness of the holidays; =
this=20
Christmas we are thinking about the meaning of them.=20

12. Last Christmas we were getting on one another's nerves; this=20
Christmas we are getting on our knees.=20

13. Last Christmas we were giving thanks for gifts from stores; this=20
Christmas we are giving thanks for gifts from GOD.=20

14. Last Christmas we were wondering how to give our children all the =
things that money can buy; this=20
Christmas we are wondering how to give them all the=20
things money can't (peace, security).=20

15. Last Christmas we were thinking about all the pressure we are under at =
the office; this=20
Christmas we are thinking about all the people who no longer have an =
office to go to.=20

16. Last Christmas we were singing carols; this=20
Christmas we are singing anthems.=20

17. Last Christmas we were thinking how good it would feel to be affluent; =
this=20
Christmas we are thinking how good it feels to be alive.=20

18. Last Christmas we thought angels were in heaven; this Christmas we =
know they are right here on earth.=20

19. Last Christmas we were contemplating all the changes we wanted to make =
in the new year; this=20
Christmas we are contemplating all the changes we will=20
have to make in this new reality.=20

20. Last Christmas we believed in the power of the pocketbook; this=20
Christmas we believe in the power of prayer.=20

21. Last Christmas we were sharing / spreading / listening to gossip; =
this=20
Christmas we are sharing / spreading and listening to the Gospel.=20

22. Last Christmas we were complaining about how much of our earnings went =
to taxes; this=20
Christmas we comprehend that freedom isn't free.=20

23. Last Christmas we valued things that were costly; this Christmas we =
value things that are holy.=20

24. Last Christmas the people we idolized wore sports uniforms; this=20
Christmas the people we idolize wear police, firefighter and military =
uniforms.=20

25. Last Christmas peace on earth is something we prayed for on Sunday =
morning; now it's something we pray for every day.=20

Lynne May
Elementary Librarian
Camden-Frontier Schools
Camden, Michigan